Well, another week whizzes by and what have I got to show for it? I could be a pessimist and say not too terribly much, but that would belie the famous acronym cited above.
Thank God It’s Friday
How often do we take the time to stop and think about that trite little saying? How often do we give it serious consideration? Sure, for the average person with a regular day job it’s easy enough to say TGIF because the work week is over and there’s a 50% chance that it’s a pay day. That’s reason enough to be grateful. Time to look forward to a bit of R&R, to get away from the daily grind, to knock a few items off of the honey-do list. Let’s give the sentiment its due and be truly grateful today.
What have I to be thankful for?
- A loving wife who has stuck with me through thick and thin for over twenty years.
- Four beautiful children with unique gifts and opportunities to be magnificent people in their own way.
- Five cats who are fuzzy and adorable.
- A Shiba Inu who only barks when it really matters or if you’re running a vacuum cleaner (which proves the cliche that nature abhors a vacuum)
- A warm house to live in with appliances that work, water that runs, toilets that flush and room enough for the lot of us
- A sturdy van that has seen better days, but keeps chugging along when we need it to
- New opportunities to excel and improve my business every day, learning new skills and creating new value for customers current and future
- Life, health, vitality enough to shovel ice and snow
- Technology to connect me with a world of friends like you
Clearly, I’m truly blessed and I appreciate being so. I encourage you to go through the same exercise as we wind down the week. You’ll feel better when you realize how much better life is than it may seem when you’re caught up in the daily drama of life.
Have a great weekend!